Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of bath Boating Station, hire of rowing boats, punts & canoes.
- Terms and Conditions of Hire, you (“the Hirer”) agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions for the hire of one or more craft and equipment from Bath Boating Station (“the Company”).
- Hire (“Hire”) starts upon being put in your boat be a member of the Boating Station staff, after you have left a deposit & paid for the time you think you will be on the river. The hire ends when you return to the office to collect your deposit & pay for any additional hours you may have had.
- A deposit for each craft and equipment hired will be required before hiring commences. Such deposit will be returned PROVIDED all hiring charges are paid and no claim arises under paragraph 11 of these conditions. This deposit will be retained in the event of any damage to the craft and equipment during the Hire period.
- The price of hire will be set out in the Company’s price list in force at the time of Hire.
- The minimum charge is one hour’s Hire for hourly hire craft or the allotted Hire period for fixed rate hire craft. There are no half hour charges, if you go over the hour you will be charged a following hour which is priced at 50% of the first hour.
- Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Company.
- The maximum capacities per craft must be adhered to at all times, the Boating Station staff decide how the boats must be loaded & this must not be changed when out on the river. Hirers exceeding these limits will be charged double rate for the entire duration of the Hire.
- The Company has complete discretion in refusing Hire to the Hirer if the Company or one of its staff members believes the Hirer is not safe to participate in the activity of boating.
- The Hirer shall use the craft and equipment in a reasonable, proper and careful manner. For safety reasons craft must not be tied together or taken below Cleveland Bridge downstream. Boats must not be taken over Bathampton Weir.
- Hirers failing to return craft and equipment by the closing time of the hire station, as displayed at the ticket office will be charged at the Company’s discretion a late fee of £50 per boat.
- All craft and equipment hired by the Hirers is at their own risk. The Hirer shall therefore bear the risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the craft and equipment. The Company will not be responsible in any way for any accident, injury, damage or loss, whether direct or indirect, arising from the hire or use thereof (save for the Company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees or agents).
- The Hirer shall bear the cost of any claim brought against the Company as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Hirer.
- The Company’s craft and equipment are hired subject to the above conditions and are not hired subject to any other condition or warranty, express, implied or statutory and any conditions or warranties other than the above conditions are hereby expressly excluded insofar as permitted by statute.
- All non-swimmers must wear a buoyancy aid provided by the company. All children under 16 must wear a buoyancy aid provided by the company.
- If stopping at the Bathampton Mill the hirer must stay within sight of their boat to ensure the boat or any equipment is taken by a third party. The hirer must return the correct boat.
- Hirers must stick to the rules of the river, keep to the right at all times.
- The Company stores all data securely in line with the Data Protection Act. All information obtained by the Company about Hirers is retained for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or where otherwise required by law.